THE COUNTDOWN HAS STARTED
We’re excited to bring you the fourth edition of the RunTheKaroo!
SO WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY?
Early Bird entries receive a complete merchandise kit to the value of R450. Merchandise kit include a Run the Karoo t-shirt, socks, cap and an enamel cup.
2 Nights tented accommodation along with a comfy mattress in each tent.
Each runner receives a nifty goody bag at registration
HANDMADE KAROO MEDAL
Each finisher receives a unique handmade Karoo “medal” made by local artists.
WELL DESIGNED ROUTES
Runners get to enjoy 2 days of exclusively selected routes only allowed to be explored during the Run the Karoo events.
All meals from Friday dinner to Saturday lunch are included in your entry.
EQUIPPED TOUR VILLAGE
Well equipped Tour village includes two bar stations, a rider chill zone and ample Karoo open spaces.
Expect brilliant live entertainment throughout the weekend to further set the mood.
Trained medical personnel at each stage to handle any emergencies that may occur.
Enjoy permanent ablution facilities. Remember you’re in the Karoo so please use water sparingly.
EN ROUTE SUPPORT
Staffed water points serving everything from water to koeksisters! Backup support to assist should you not be able to run any further.
ENSURED ENTRY SPOT
Past participants have first choice of entering before general public for the 2021 Trail Run.
Entries for the 2021 #RunTheKaroo are now open. Entries are limited to 300 runners and 30 supporter weekend passes. Only paid entries are confirmed!
18-19 SEPTEMBER 2021
Entries are now open for 2021! Entries are limited to 300 runners and 30 supporter weekend passes. Only paid entries are confirmed!
#SheepRun (8 & 12km) | R2050
#HorseRun (8 & 22km) | R2250
05-07 MARCH 2021 | SELF EXCURSION WEEKEND
The weekend will entail luxury tented accommodation at Fairview farm, merchandise , all meals, water point parcels, well marked routes and route maps. You can enjoy the beautiful Karoo night sky, plenty of fresh farm air and a large bonfire in the evenings after your run.
#RUNTHEKAROO IN 2021
First payment – 50% of Entry (Due immediately to secure your entry)
Second payment – 50% of Entry (Due 30 days after entry)
You will have 7 days to make your payment after the due date. If you miss a payment you will forfeit your entry.
Payment plan options are non refundable.
1. Cancellations & Refunds (Not applicable to Payment Plan) (Only applicable for new entries for September 2021. All transferred entry please read section 3 below)
- All substitutions made are charged at R50 per rider.
- Entries are transferable until 01 August 2021. (If you do a substitution after this date your substitution will receive the merchandise size that was selected on your original entry)
- Refunds up to 90 days prior to the event will be refunded at 75% of entry fee.
- Refunds up to 60 days prior to the event will be refunded at 50% of entry fee.
- No refunds 60 days or less before the event date.
*Entries can’t be transferred to the following year.
*No Exceptions including medical conditions and infectious diseases.
2. Cancellations & Refunds – Payment Plan
- First payment – 50% of Entry (Due immediately to secure your entry)
- Second payment – 50% of Entry (Due 30 days after entry)
- You will have 7 days to make your payment after the due date. If you miss a payment you will forfeit your entry.
- Payment plan options are non refundable. You can however do a substitution.
*Entries can’t be transferred to the following year.
*No Exceptions including medical conditions and infectious diseases
3. Cancellations & Refunds (Transferred entries for September 2020 and February 2021)
Please follow this link for more info – COVID UPDATE >>
UrbanGoat (Pty Ltd) has the right to cancel or postpone the event at anytime if the event is unsafe to continue. Reasons might include natural causes and pandemics.
Should the event not be able to continue the event organiser (UrbanGoat PTY LTD) will inform all participants with appropriate options. This could include a partial refund, substitutions or date change. These options will be determined internally according to event expenses and the foreseen future of the circumstance that caused the cancellation of the event.
The supporter weekend passes includes meals for the weekend (Friday dinner to Saturday dinner), use of ablution facilities, complimentary drinks (if any), use of chill zones, live entertainment, access to spectator points, as well as coffee, tea and rusks before breakfast.
Unfortunately we can only get guests the day of the event as the venue is only equipped from race day.
Yes, non runners are welcome to book a supporter’s weekend pass and extra accommodation to join you for the weekend but please note that we only have 30 supporter passes available so make sure to book your supporters well in advance.
We also have a Kiddie Zone (three years older and above) so that kids are looked after while you run.
Yes, but only until 21 July 2020. Thereafter clothing orders are placed and no changes can be made. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your shirt size.
Clothing sizes are selected during the online entry process before checking out and paying.
Please note that the new substituted participant will receive the clothing size of the initial outgoing participant, unless this is changed before 21 July 2020.
- Click on the event you are registered for from the home page.
- Log in to the entry system here using your ID/passport number.
- To change your personal details click on “Edit Details”.
Our routes are very well marked but you’re welcome to run with a GPS as we have route maps to download.
• A 3-man tent for each runner or to share with a friend/family member.
• A comfy foam mattress.
• You will need to bring your own bedding and pillow. This applies to the Canvas tented accommodation as well.
It’s always a good idea to have your medical aid card with you. Although signal is not always available, it is wise to take your phone with you. It is also advisable that the 24km runners carry a camelback.
Yes, however please bring your own chargers.
Theft is not really a problem in the Karoo, but if it makes you feel more relaxed, then you are welcome to do so.