WHAT TO PACK BEFORE YOU RUN THE KAROO!WHAT TO PACK BEFORE YOU RUN THE KAROO! https://runthekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/KS-8279-1-1.jpg 900 600 RunTheKaroo RunTheKaroo https://runthekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/KS-8279-1-1.jpg
It’s been a busy year with lots of preparation to make sure the 2019 Trail Run is one to remember! We hope you’re as excited as we are! Herewith a brief list of essentials for the Trail Run.
- Arrival: All participants can arrive any time after 13:00 on Saturday 21 September.
- Registration will take place from 13:00-17:30 at Fairview Farm (Please see location details below)
- Tent & room allocation: You will receive your tent & room allocation at registration.
- Start Time: All participants will have to be ready at the start line at 18:00.
- Departure: All participants are welcome to stay over the 22nd of September with an early departure on the 23rd of September.
What to pack?
- Head Light: Remember to bring a head light for Day 1 night run. If you don’t have a light yet, check out the fantastic, well priced lights at Torch Brite.
- We provide you with a tent and comfy mattress, remember to bring your pillow and sleeping bag, this is applicable for the upgraded tented accommodation as well. For those that have booked the upgraded farm stay accommodation, bedding will be provided.
- Warm jacket for the chilly Karoo nights.
- Your active wear – each participant will receive a complimentary running shirt in their goody bag
- Water bottle or a hydration pack is highly recommended.
- Snacks: Don’t get “hangry”, bring some snacks to nibble on.
- Cash: Bring cash for drinks, snacks etc. as there are no ATM’s (50km away) however there will be card facilities and snapscan available (signal dependent)
- Personal Medication (If needed)
- Mandatory – Sense of humour
THE 2019 RUN GUIDE
Here’s your Karoo schedule. Have a look at the routes, weekend activities and all the need-to-knows by downloading the 2019 Run Guide. Make sure to download the guide to your phone beforehand as signal at the venue is limited.
View the guide HERE
FAIRVIEW IS SITUATED BETWEEN MIDDELBURG EC & RICHMOND NC
Coming from Colesberg or Graaff-Reinet/Port-Elizabeth: Take off-ramp into Middelburg. Carry on with main road (Meintjies st) towards a traffic light (the only 1 in town!) Turn right (coming from Colesberg or left coming from Graaff-Reinet), head on to a T-junction, turn left and 1st right into Richmond road (R398). Carry on with this road for approximately 48km. The farm Fairview will be on your left.
Coming from Cape Town: Take 1st gravel road just pass Richmond to the right on the R398. Carry on for approximately 65km. Fairview will be on your right.
Gps: S 31 32’31.2” E024 32’47.0”
View Map in Google Maps HERE
See you on the start line!
Rian & Charlotte (Urban Goat Event Management )