WHAT TO PACK AND NEED TO KNOW | RUNTHEKAROO 2021WHAT TO PACK AND NEED TO KNOW | RUNTHEKAROO 2021 https://runthekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/KS-7769-1-1024x475.jpg 1024 475 RunTheKaroo RunTheKaroo https://runthekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/KS-7769-1-1024x475.jpg
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Arrival: All participants can arrive any time after 13:00 on Saturday 18 September.
- Registration will take place from 13:00-17:30 at Dwarsvlei Farm (Please see location details below)
- Tent & room allocation: You will receive your tent & room allocation at registration.
- Start Time: All participants will have to be ready at the start line from 18:15.
- Departure: All participants are welcome to stay over the 19th of September with an early departure on the 20th of September. Remember to purchase a Sunday dinner meal ticket if you’re staying over on the 19th.
- PLEASE READ THE COVID PROTOCOL BELOW.
WHAT TO PACK?
- Mask:Please remember your mask or buff.
- Head Light: Remember to bring a headlight for Day 1 night run. If you don’t have a light yet, check out the fantastic, well-priced lights at Torch Brite.
- We provide you with a tent and comfy mattress, remember to bring your pillow and sleeping bag, this is applicable for the upgraded canvas tents and horse stable rooms as well. For those that have booked the upgraded Guest Farm stay and Luxury Glamping tents, bedding will be provided.
- Warm jacket for the chilly Karoo nights.
- Your activewear – each participant will receive a complimentary Kakiebos T-shirt in their goody bag
- Water bottle or a hydration pack is highly recommended.
- Snacks: Don’t get “hangry”, bring some snacks to nibble on.
- Drinks, snacks etc. can be paid with cash, card or snapscan. Card and snapscan will be signal dependant though.
- Personal Medication (If needed)
THE RUN GUIDE
DIRECTIONS TO DWARSVLEI FARM
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR NEW VENUE
Coming from Johannesburg:
Take the N1 towards Colesberg. From there follow the N9 towards Middelburg. Continue with the N9 towards Graaff Reinet, approximately 15km after Middelburg you will turn left into Dwarsvlei Farm. Follow the gravel road for about 2km to the race village.
Coming from Cape Town:
Take the N1 to Beaufort West. From Beaufort West take the R61 towards Aberdeen. Turn left towards Graaff-Reinet on the N9. From Graaff-Reinet follow the N9 towards Middelburg for approximately 87km. Turn right into Dwarsvlei Farm. Follow the gravel road for about 2km to the race village.
- Please arrive with three NB things! Your mask/buff, your signed Covid declaration form and your sense of humour. These are a must in order to make this the best weekend of all time. We will not police you the whole weekend but ask that you respect the other participants and their safety as well. Download the Covid Declaration here
- On arrival we will be doing a COVID screening where we will receive your preprinted form and will be doing a temperature check. If your temperature is high and anything is out of the ordinary we cannot allow you into the race village.
- Please wear your mask at all times. When you’re out in the open Karoo spaces while running you can take if off of course.
- Meal times – a decision will be made closer to the time if we will be doing batch meal times. Please keep to safe distancing when eating meals too.
- Batch start: There will be batch starting times.
- Sanitising and hygiene: We will be doing regular sanitising in most areas such as dining area and ablutions. Please sanitise when prompted to do so.
- Medical centre —Should at any point you not be feeling well, the medical crew will be able to assist you.